Here are the 11 different ways I will raise money for Jenna.” – Jordyn
(This list has now grown to 15 ways…)
1. Have Lemonade Stands (Jordyn wants to get her friends all together and each have individual lemonade stands so each person raises money.)
2. Have mama write a book and sell it (She’s a riot! I love that she thinks it is that easy. Well, we put our heads together and created an eBook called The Staycation Jar from our recent Family Staycation. This book contains 200 ideas for Family Fun: Crazy Meals, Main Events, Silliness, Love Projects and is available on Amazon. All proceeds – at least $2.10 per copy – will go to Faith Like A Child, Inc.)
4. Garage Sales – Our church family came together for our first garage sale, and we raised $889.84! YAY!!!
5. Buy food and sell it (We made this a part of the Garage Sale and sold Cold Water bottles, Juice, and Tootsie Pops.)
6. Sell my mama’s book Good Grief! (The other day Jordyn packed a backpack with books and was planning on going door to door in our neighborhood to sell Good Grief! If it wasn’t pouring down rain, she probably would have gone. Erica spoke at our church on 9/19 and sold her book, raising $342.16 for Faith Like A Child, Inc. Until Jordyn has all the money she needs for this project, ALL money received from the sale of Good Grief! will go towards her goal.)
7. Tell people at church about Jenna: Jordyn has walked around church with the following sign, and already has many families signed up to help. She has also shared twice from the stage what she is doing for Jenna and what help she needs. It has been amazing to see our church family come together and rally around this Love Project.
8. Make a video to tell people about Jenna
9. Ask people to help how they want to help. We have our Jan/Feb Fundraisers up here!
10. Have car washes
11. Invite my friends to my house and make them pay me to play games with them (Jordyn has already made invitations to her friends in a card fashion. The outside says, “Help!” The back says, “Met me at the pool on Sept 9.”
12. Make a website – done!
13. Start a Morning Coffee Stand for our neighbors.
14. Start a Jenna Jar (Our pastor is letting Jordyn collect love offerings from the Children’s Ministry to help bring Jenna to Disney. So far, the children have brought in $332.65. Jordyn also wants to put this jar at the end of our driveway this weekend so our neighbors will put money in it!) =)
15. Faith Cards – This is what you get when a 6 year old combines Bingo and Fundraising. Here is a cool way even young children can help out by asking family and friends to “buy a square”. The cards range from $12 – $100; and thank you gift will be given out!
To join Faith Like A Child Inc. on Facebook, please click here!